Isn’t smooth and silky hair a dream for all the women out there? A well-nourished and moisturized hair is pretty hard to take care of, and it’s easy to frizz out if not maintained properly. Putting the right products on the hair can be your catch.
Haircare is a multi-step procedure. It includes cleansing, moisturizing, oiling, and many more. If you want silky smooth frizz-free hair, then you shouldn’t skip the second step: The Conditioners.
This article will help you out with all the basic information about conditioners: what is it, the types, benefits, and the best-suited products. Keep on reading to know more.
What are conditioners?
Conditioners are hair care cosmetic products that are applied to improve the texture, appearance, and manageability of the hair. This nourishes the hair, makes it smooth and silky, prevents frizzing, and even repairs the hair from split ends.
Types of Conditioners
The thickening conditioners contain protein and collagen in them which help in making the hair look full and voluminous. If you are facing hair fall issues or your hair is thinning, then these types of conditioners are a good pick.
The deep conditioners are thicker in consistency and nourish the hair in the best possible way. These types of conditioners are best for dry, damaged hair. As the name suggests, deep conditioners moisturize the hair deeply, leaving the hair to look silky and smooth.
The moisturizing conditioners are a good hair care product if you have dry frizzy hair. These conditioners have an extra addition of oils and moisturizing elements that keeps the hair moisturized and makes it look healthy.
The protein conditioners are specially formulated with some extra amount of keratin in them. These conditioners are best if your hair is suffering from breakage or has gotten weak. It suits every hair type, but it is recommended to apply only when your hair has become weak and unhealthy.
Cream rinse Conditioners
The cream rinse conditioners have a thinner consistency than other conditioner types. These conditioners are ideal for straight and wavy hair types. People with curly hair shouldn’t use these types of conditioners, as they don’t provide the necessary moisturization to curly hair.
The instant hair conditioners are a go-to product in your last hour. These conditioners don’t need a shower to apply. They come in a cream or spray form. You just need to simply apply it to your hair and you are good with your instant frizz-free hair.
The leave-in conditioners don’t ask you for a shower. Apply it on wet hair, and leave it up. It simply detangles all the hair strands, removes frizz, and keeps the hair nourished. All you need is a single application and it stays for long hours.
The Benefit of Hair Conditioners
- Adds instant shine and smoothness to the hair
- Keeps the hair nourished and moisturized
- Prevents hair from frizzing
- Repairs heat damaged or chemically damaged hair
- Fights hair breakage and split ends
How to apply a conditioner?
- Rinse out the shampoo from the hair before applying conditioner
- On a palm, add a sufficient amount of conditioner
- Keep your hair wet, and start by applying on the extreme end of the hair
- Massage it for 2-3 mins
- Never apply the conditioner on the scalp or in your hair roots
- After massaging, leave the conditioner for a few mins
- Now wash it off thoroughly
Conditioners for different hair concerns
Best Hair Conditioners for frizzy hair
If frizz is what’s stopping you from luscious and silky smooth hair, then fret not; even though frizzy hair can be tough to tame, with the right conditioning products and a little bit of care, smooth and soft hair won’t be difficult to achieve. Here are our best suggestions for this hair concern:
- L’Oreal Paris 6 Oil Nourish Hair Conditioner
- TRESemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner
- Giovanni 2 Chic Brazilian Keratin & Argan Oil Ultra-Sleek Conditioner
Best Hair Conditioners for oily hair
If you thought that conditioners were to be used only on dry hair, then you are mistaken. In fact, there is a huge variety of brands that offer hair conditioners online that are specially formulated to nourish the hair without making them look limp or greasy. Top picks for such concern are:
- L’Oreal Paris Extra Ordinary Clay Conditioner Purifying & Hydrating
- Dove Daily Shine Conditioner
- L’Oreal Paris Rapid Reviver Extraordinary Clay Deep Conditioner
Best Hair Conditioners for dry hair
Dry always needs an extra bit of love and care. Only people with dry hair would know how difficult it is to find the right products. But don’t worry, here are some of the best conditioners for dry hair listed below:
- Dove Dryness Care Conditioner
- Moha Herbal Hair Conditioner
- Plum Olive And Macadamia Rich Nourish Conditioner
Best Conditioner For Curly Hair
Managing curly hair can be a pretty daunting job. But with the right hair conditioner, you can turn messy locks into beautiful flowing tresses. Explore the options before and choose the best conditioner for curly hair:
- Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Curl Frizz Sealing Conditioner
- Giovanni 2chic Ultra-Moist Conditioner Avocado & Olive Oil
- WOW Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner
Best Anti-Dandruff Conditioner
Dandruff is not limited to being a hair problem but can prove to affect your skin as well. Using hair care products such as a good hair conditioner as soon as you notice the first signs of dandruff can prevent the problem from turning chronic. Apart from these, it can also affect your self-image drastically. Choose the best hair conditioner for dandruff from the following options:
- Biotique Bio Neem Margosa Anti Dandruff Shampoo and Conditioner
- Organic Harvest Conditioner For Dandruff Free Hair
- The Moms Co. Protein Conditioner
Best Conditioner for hair fall
Weather and climate changes can be the result of excessive hair loss. We often feel helpless when it comes to restraining hair loss. But this can be overcome by taking care of your hair by using the best hair growth conditioners. Some of the best conditioners for hair fall are:
- Mamaearth Onion Conditioner for Hairfall Control
- L’Oreal Paris Fall Resist 3X Anti Hair fall Conditioner
- Pantene Pro V Advanced Hair Fall Control Conditioner
Best Conditioners for damaged hair
Damaged hair is not just split ends but also cracks in the outer layer of hair due to extreme dryness. But with proper haircare and targeted treatments, it is possible to get back your silky smooth hair. Below are a few products you should take a look at:
- Mamaearth Bhring Amla Conditioner
- The Moms Co. KA+ Natural Damage Control Conditioner
- Jovees Hair Solution Hair Repair Conditioner
Find all these products on the health and glow website.