iPhone cracked screen repair is a tricky process as it requires using a needle, razor blades, and tape to place the components back into the correct location. It’s also an expensive process as iPhone adhesive costs $10 for a small can. Considering that the average cost of replacing an iPhone screen is $150-$200 it’s easy to see how this tutorial will help save you money in the long run.
If you’ve ever dropped your IPhone cracked Screen Repair, you know how stressful it is. Not only is your technological life compromised, it’s also an expensive fix. Phone screens routinely cost between $100 to $200 to repair!
But don’t take a deep breath yet! We’re here to help you find ways to save money on that IPhone cracked Screen Repair.
The two main methods for phone screen repairs are the Disposable Screen and the Full Glass Screen. I’ll explain what each of these entails, along with some tips and tricks to save you a few bucks.
Disposable Screen repair is a great way for phones that have been dropped heavily. The idea behind this method is that the actual glass of your phone is not damaged so you can replace it with another piece of glass without having to pay for a full replacement.
These are the steps for a disposable screen repair:
1. Unscrew your phone. If you’re not sure how to do this, YouTube has plenty of helpful videos available to guide you.
2. Take out the damaged screen
3. Replace it with a new sheet of glass
4. Reassemble and replace screws/all back together
5. Turn on and hope for the best!
A disposable IPhone cracked Screen Repair is perfect for phones that have been dropped but not shattered. You can usually get a price of less than $50 for this repair, depending on where you go.
FULL GLASS SCREEN REPLACEMENT:
The full glass screen replacement is a bit more expensive than the disposable screen repair, but it’s totally worth it if you’ve got hundreds to spare.
I cracked my iPhone and was about ready to spend the money to have it repaired professionally when I came across a video showing how to repair a broken screen. I tried the methods used in the video and ended up saving myself over $100 by doing it myself.
The process is not easy though, so if you’re looking for an easy fix then you should take your phone into your local Apple store or IPhone cracked Screen Repair.
Here’s what you need to do:
▪ Take your iPhone apart by removing the back and bottom plate. You’ll need to remove the battery in order to access the screen.
▪ Locate the touch screen cable and unscrew it from your phone. You may need to look for a screwdriver that has a small flathead or Phillips head (most do). The following photos show where to find this screw:
The little white line is where you’ll need the screwdriver, added later.
▪ Unscrew the touch screen cable by turning counter-clockwise.
▪ Remove the screws and pry out the cables that are connected to the motherboard. They are soft, so you’ll need to be careful. Take note of which cables go where as this is very important. In order to take out these cables you’ll need to use a flathead screwdriver and brute force. You can tear up the cable if you’re not careful, so proceed with caution.
▪ using one of the cables that you just took out, you should now be able to lift up the motherboard of the phone.
▪ Use a razor blade to remove 3 pieces holding down the screen. This can be tricky as they are located behind the screen so you need to take your time and not slip. Be careful not to cut yourself with the razor blade and always wear gloves while performing this procedure.
▪ unscrew the 3 large screws holding the screen to the motherboard and then lift up the screen.
▪ Use your small flathead screwdriver to pry out the pieces of tape connecting both sides of the IPhone cracked Screen Repair. They are located in the following areas:
▪ If you have an iPhone 3G, remove all 3 lip screws from around the screen (they may be yellow, or just a very light grey color).
▪ For the IPhone cracked Screen Repair 3G, you may want to take off the top part of the motherboard in order to access the sides of it. Since this is an older model phone, it’s difficult for me to show you exactly how I did this, so I suggest trying and see if your phone will allow you to do this. To get to it, you’ll need to remove a few screws under the top part of the phone.
▪ For the iPhone 4, you’ll need to remove the motherboard just like you did on the iPhone 3G.
▪ Once it’s taken apart you should now be able to insert your pieces of tape back into their correct places:
▪ Put everything back together and go through this whole process again if necessary. I had to do this three times before I got the job done so be patient while doing some of this yourself.
The Ultimate Secret Of IPHONE CRACKED SCREEN REPAIR
IPhone cracked Screen Repair is a fairly simple process, but it’s not for the clumsy or faint at heart. The most important thing is to buy the right tools and materials.
First, find a heat gun or hairdryer (something that can produce hot air). Next, gather some tape to use as an extra layer of protection. Last but not least, get a suction cup with a brush attachment and some dried rice (you’ll need 3 tablespoons).
Follow these steps:
* Heat up the glue on the back of your phone using your heat gun or hairdryer for about 5 minutes.
* Carefully place the suction cup on the broken glass and turn on the vacuum.
* After getting a good grip, pull it off your phone.
* Now you can use your hairdryer to heat up the glue again, if needed.
* Use 2 pieces of tape and seal both sides of the screen together.
* Place 3 tablespoons of dried rice into a ziploc bag and rough it up with a spoon.
* Soak the rice in the bag of rice wash for about 30-45 seconds.
* Take off the plastic bag and apply it to your phone.
* Wait for about an hour for the rice to dry, or use a hairdryer as needed.